Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Task day two: Post secret

This was a task Steven (our teacher) had given us on the second day. We were given one postcard from post secret to write the introductory paragraph of a novel. I got this one. Those interested please check out the site. Great ideas hidden here.

I turned from the blackboard to check on the students, one in particular. Although he is very ordinary looking, he is very special for me. I found him bent over his papers trying to figure out the answers. I have taught here before but the feelings I am experiencing are for the first time. I wish I could make myself see think clearly.  You don’t fall in love with your own students. These are not only my students; they are serving their term here in the central jail. There are all kinds here, convicted murderers, conmen, and thieves. His hair is cropped short. He is stuck with his answer and is scratching his head, probably used the same hands to strangle his partner to death. They proved the charges, he admitted to them. His partner had found out that he was cheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment